-Brophy is committed to providing a supportive and welcoming environment for members of our LGBTIQA+ communities.
Our intention is to continue to create and deliver programs and services to meet the needs of people of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity to support and improve their health and wellbeing.
SAFE in the South West Project
CELEBRATING – CONNECTING – SUPPORTING – EMPOWERING LGBTIQA+ PEOPLE IN OUR COMMUNITIES
SAFE in the South West is strengthening the capacity of the Great South Coast region of Victoria in supporting, and celebrating LGBTIQA+ people across the south west. Find out more here.
Yumcha ‘a little bit of everything’ Diversity Group (12 to 17 years):
- Social group for LGBTIQA+ young people in and around Warrnambool. It’s open to all LGBTIQA+ young people and their friends/allies.
- Weekly sessions during the school term. Mondays 3.30pm to 5.00pm @ Brophy CYC / headspace (Opposite SWTAFE Warrnambool)
- No referral needed, walk into the Brophy CYC on a Monday and say hello or meet with Yumcha Worker before coming along to a session.
Yumcha For Big Kids (18 to 25 years):
- For LGBTIQA+ champions and change makers who are working towards a more inclusive South West.
- To be involved contact Brophy Family and Youth Services.
- Check out future catch ups @Yumcha.Media
Skittles Diversity Group – Portland
Social connection and peer support for Trans Gender Diverse and non-binary community of all ages.
Monthly sessions on the last Saturday of the month. Follow @Yumcha.Media for dates/times/locations.
Monthly online group for LGBTIQA+ young people (12-25) across Victoria engaged with HEY Partnership and LGBTIQA+ groups from Albury to Warrnambool.
Join us on Zoom from 4pm on the last Thursday of the month.
How to be involved
No formal referral or appointment needed to access SAFE in the South West activities. Contact can be made via website, social media (see below) or contact our SAFE in the South West Team on 55618888 or in person at Brophy CYC (210 Timor Street, Warrnambool).
How to keep informed
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/yumchamedia
Need to talk to someone?
Telephone counselling services, information and advice for LGBTIQA+ people
AVAILABLE: 7 days a week 10am to 5pm
Call: 1800 729 246 OR 1800 184 527 (3pm—12am daily 7 days a week)
Connecting LGBTIQA+ people to service providers text, call or email.
AVAILABLE: 7 days a week 10 am—5 pm
Call: 1800 729 246 OR Text: 0480 017 246