Brophy is a Child Safe Organisation and is fully compliant with the 7 current Child Safe Standards:
- Standard 1: Governance and Leadership
- Standard 2: Clear commitment to Child Safety
- Standard 3: Code of Conduct
- Standard 4: Human Resource practices
- Standard 5: Responding and Reporting
- Standard 6: Risk Management and Mitigation
- Standard 7: Empowering Children.
Brophy is actively working towards implementation of the 11 new Child Safe Standards which are due to come into effect in Victoria on 1 July 2022.
Commitment to Child Safety
Brophy Family and Youth Services (‘Brophy’) is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people, and is a Child Safe Organisation.
We recognise the importance of keeping all children and young people in our community safe and supporting and improving the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and their families.
Brophy is committed to the safety, participation and empowerment of all children and young people, and have zero tolerance of any form of child abuse. All allegations and safety concerns will be treated seriously and consistently with our policies and procedures.
We are committed to providing a safe environment and to the cultural safety of aboriginal children and those from culturally and/or linguistically diverse (‘CALD’) backgrounds, LGBITQA+ children and young people, and children and young people living with a disability.
Brophy is committed to:
- Providing a safe environment for all children which promotes their health, safety and wellbeing.
- Promoting an organisational culture of child safety in which children feel valued, respected and cared for.
- Identifying, reducing and removing the risks of child abuse.
- Intervene when a child may be at risk of abuse.
- Making staff aware of their legal and moral obligations in reporting child abuse.
- Informing all other policies and procedures in addition to general occupational health and safety risks.