15-24 not studying and not at employed? Local jobs don’t seem to pop up much, not even sure where to start? Right now it might seem that the chance of getting a job is really limited. But we can help, Pandemic or not, we are in touch with training, employers, coaches and courses to help you have the best shot at a job, not just a job, but one that matches your skills and talents.
Transition to Work is about giving young people the opportunity to discover and build on their natural talents, interests and abilities. It’s not about filling out forms for interview after interview that goes nowhere. We will introduce you to and connect you with the resources and networks the will result in a job you not only want to keep but want to build on.
TtW participants we've linked to a job or course
Increase in applications since COVID19
SPARK! participants 2020
Capacity to assess your job situation
Transition to Work in a nutshell
Local employers want to invest in local youth and provide training and career pathways, we will help connect you.
A free coach
We do the ground work, we’ll get you there and prepare you for what your employer expects. We work with employers so they have a great system in place to maximise your opportunity to thrive.
Peer support, training support, coach support
Your goals are important to us, and we think you’ll have some great things to contribute to others on a similar pathway to you.
A job is good thing, and finding the career that fits you is a WIN! Our coaches want to see you thrive, they’ll share their experience and network to give you a real shot at a career. It’ll be up to you, but we’ll be with you.
- Jobs found for seekers 100% 100%
- Participant satisfaction 97% 97%
- Employer satisfaction 100% 100%
- Local employers and training we are connected with 96% 96%
We have an information pack that will take you through step-by-step the stages to a jon. There is information about the process from start to finish an some great examples of how this program has helped others.
Let’s get started?
Frequently asked questions
Below we’ll strive to answer some common questions, we have assisted more than 100 young people to get on the career pathway. You are very welcome to contact us with any questions, there is no such thing as a silly question!
School wasn't my strong point?
That is okay, we identify your natural skills and talents, we know you have them, and go from there, It might take a little while for us to get to know you and what your goals are but we have some time to invest in meeting you where you are at and helping you to get to where you want to go.
I'd like to do well, just not sure where to start.
You’ll have a coach. That’s going to help! You are not expected to know everything right now, that is why we are here. Most of us have been down the same track and had the help of others to work it out, that is 100% okay and we are here for you. Just book an appointment, it’s free, and we’ll see what we can do. You have natural skills and talents that are employable locally. We’ll explore what fits with you.
I'm worried my background will go against me?
Please don’t. We know you’ve been on a journey, and we know that tomorrow is a another day to make the changes you want and to create new horizons for yourself. We don’t judge, we want you to feel safe and prepared to put your best foot forward, so we are here for you.
Not sure if I would qualify?
Transition to Work is designed to help young people who are early school leavers or those who have had difficulty entering employment after school. To participate in Transition to Work a young person must be:
- Aged 15-24, and
- an Australian citizen, or
- the holder of a permanent visa, or
- New Zealand Special Category Visa, or
- Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).
Eligibility will also depend on a young person’s circumstances, including whether the young person:
- has been awarded a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III
- has been employed within the last six months
- receives an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
- is currently participating in another employment service including jobactive.
Information for Employers
Transition to Work providers deliver high quality services to employers to ensure young people meet their needs and are supported to settle into a job. Services include:
- pre-employment skills for participants that is directly relevant to the needs of local employers and the local labour market
- work experience placements for eligible participants to assess a young person’s suitability for a job
- negotiating Youth Bonus wage subsidies of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) with employers who offer young job seekers ongoing employment
- post placement support to ensure a young person settles into a job and the employer’s expectations are being met.