headspace Portland’s team are looking for a new team member.
In joining our team, you’ll find we also care about you – providing everything from a culture that encourages a balance of home life and work to well-being days off.
- 11 Wellbeing Days (to support worker well-being)- in addition to Annual Leave
- Awesome Not-for-Profit Salary Sacrificing options of up to $15,899 per FBT year.
- Portable Long Service Leave (from eligible organisations)
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
About the Role
The Youth Access and Early Intervention Worker is responsible for the delivery of a range of evidence based interventions and youth friendly models that facilitate early help seeking behaviour and seamless access to early intervention mental health, Alcohol and Other Drugs (AoD) and wellbeing services across all relevant programs and services.
This position will maintain a client caseload, deliver high quality early intervention services and is expected to have a sound knowledge of the practice frameworks, principles and processes of relevant legislation pertaining to young people at risk.
A full list of key duties is outlined in the Position Description, but includes responsibilities in:
- Provide a welcoming and responsive first point of contact for young people, their families, carers and other agencies seeking services.
- Develop safety plans applicable to young people’s presenting risk needs, developing action plans to mitigate any risks and provide follow up support and referral to appropriate services
- Maintain positive relationships with schools, community groups, service agencies and youth related sectors to facilitate referral pathways to headspace services.
- Use creative and assertive approaches to engage young people in early help seeking behaviour including counselling, care coordination, family work, brief interventions and single session interventions, group work, use of digital supports and peer-led services.
Do your skills include:
- Ability use a range of assessment and screening tools to support the completion of quality assessments and risk assessments with young people presenting to the service.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver evidence based therapeutic early interventions to young people and family inclusive practice where appropriate, including single session therapy or brief intervention and group work responses as required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other members of a team, family and friends and other agencies to determine support or service needs and implementation of client care plan outcomes.
Are your credentials:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (BA minimum) in social work, psychology, youth work or equivalent.
- A current Drivers Licence.
About Brophy (headspace Lead Agency)
Brophy Family & Youth Services has supported children, young people, families, and the southwest Victorian community for almost 50 years. We live here; this is our community; we believe in people and in their ability to create the life they want.
At Brophy, you will join a team of just over 200 employees delivering over 40 programs and services across areas including youth engagement, mental health, family violence, foster care, housing support, employment support, and disability services.
At Brophy our Vision is not just focused externally on our community – we feel just as passionate about our employees being meaningfully connected through their roles with us to create the life they want, and that as a workforce we achieve this together through innovation and healthy relationships, and by positively contributing to building an advantaged community.
Brophy’s headspace services are growing across the region – from our Warrnambool services now in operation for almost 15 years; we also provide a satellite service in Portland and are now working to establish a new headspace centre in Hamilton.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN! APPLY VIA LINK BELOW