Do you have interest and experience in NDIS and disability/mental health fields?
This two day a week role may be the role for you!
Providing case management and short-term support to adults that reside in a local pension-level Supported Residential Service (SRS). The role combines working in the office, outreaching to the local SRS and will be proactively engaging, assessing, and linking people with appropriate services.
The role may involve working across various programs in the Housing Support and Linkages (HSL) program areas, at times, to connect services to wrap around clients through developing immediate access points and referrals into housing, mental health, alcohol and drug treatment, family violence, disability, income, and primary health services. Some HSL programs provide flexible brokerage to ensure immediate support is available to people to support their goals.
The successful incumbent will be expected to have a sound knowledge of the principles and processes of relevant legislation about individuals, families, and children.
Core duties will include:
- The Supporting Connections practitioner will work with residents, proprietors, and staff of Themar Heights, Warrnambool, as well as family members and other service providers to identify unmet health and social needs.
- Actively seek to engage residents in various social and lifestyle activities of their choice.
- Use capacity-building techniques, such as coaching, mentoring and information sharing, to build proprietor skills and knowledge to support residents and to build residents’ confidence and independence; and implement strategies to strengthen relationships between the SRS and local services, for example developing referral protocols and case conferences.
- Manage flexible funds – each supporting connections service has a pool of flexible funds to be used to assist residents in accessing services and activities. Examples include appropriate clothing and footwear for activities such as football or gym membership.
- Referral and linkage – in collaboration with residents, proprietors and staff proactively negotiate and advocate with health and community services to facilitate improved access (includes sustained efforts to improve relationships between proprietors and services where required)
For more information please get in touch with Leah McDonald, Manager – Housing Support and Linkages on 03 5561 8888 or at email@example.com for more information.
Applications are Now OPEN!