Want to make a difference in the lives of young people throughout the southwest? We have the role for you!
In joining our team, you’ll help young people build the skills required to move into sustainable food and fibre careers.
- 11 Wellbeing Days (to support worker well-being)- in addition to Annual Leave
- Awesome Not-for-Profit Salary Sacrificing options of up to $15,899 per FBT year.
- Portable Long Service Leave (from eligible organisations)
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
About the Role
The role of the Youth and Employer Engagement Officer will contribute to the development and implementation of a two year skilled pathway project in partnership with employers, TAFE and industry in the Barwon South West region of Victoria. The role will be responsible for recruitment and on-going support for employers and young people participating in a Foundational Capability Pathway pilot.
A full list of key duties is outlined in the Position Description, but includes responsibilities in:
- Facilitate the recruitment of a cohort of young people for participation.
- Broker connections and pre-employment preparation opportunities
- Provide case managed wrap-around support to young participants and their host employers
Do your skills include:
- Demonstrated experience in cold calling and reverse marketing
- Demonstrated stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated strong communication, team work and inclusion
- Experience and confidence to recruit employers, but also ability to engage and support young people
- Agricultural Experience (Desired)
Are your credentials:
- A minimum qualification of a sector recognised and accredited Bachelor of Social Work or Diploma in Community Welfare Work or equivalent. (Qualifications must be approved by recognised professional bodies: ie. AASW, Community Services Council, APS etc.)
- A current Drivers Licence.
Brophy Family & Youth Services has supported children, young people, families, and the southwest Victorian community for almost 50 years. We live here; this is our community; we believe in people and in their ability to create the life they want.
At Brophy, you will join a team of just over 200 employees delivering over 40 programs and services across areas including youth engagement, mental health, family violence, foster care, housing support, employment support, and disability services.
At Brophy our Vision is not just focused externally on our community – we feel just as passionate about our employees being meaningfully connected through their roles with us to create the life they want, and that as a workforce we achieve this together through innovation and healthy relationships, and by positively contributing to building an advantaged community.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN! APPLY VIA LINK BELOW