headspace Warrnambool’s team of experienced health professionals – all passionate about improving the mental health and well-being of young people, their families and friends in our community, are looking for a new team member.
In joining our team, you’ll find we also care about you – providing everything from a culture that encourages a balance of home life and work to well-being days off.
- 11 Wellbeing Days (to support worker well-being)- in addition to Annual Leave
- Opportunities to negotiate a compressed workweek including a 9-day fortnight.
- Awesome Not-for-Profit Salary Sacrificing options of up to $15,899 per FBT year.
- Portable Long Service Leave (from eligible organisations)
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
- Accommodation and relocation assistance to support your move is available for eligible applicants.
About the Role
Our Mental Health Counsellors deliver a range of psychological interventions; including individual therapy, group work, and family work to an allocated caseload of clients with mild to moderate and emerging-severe mental health needs across the headspace stepped care model. Through the management of a small caseload of young people who are at risk of developing severe mental health needs, including emerging psychosis, they provide support, consultation, and expertise for these young people and their families and demonstrate professional competency in the performance of high-quality clinical skills through involvement in direct service delivery and continuous review of clinical outcomes.
They develop client-led care planning and review processes throughout the client journey to ensure effective clinical and client outcomes, ensuring the involvement of young people and families or significant others, is central to a safe and coordinated transition of care planning. Providing supervision to staff as allocated and supporting orientation and training activities to develop students’ and graduates’ skills and competencies are also involved.
Do your skills include:
- an experienced and innovative professional, with knowledge and experience in delivering early intervention youth mental health services for young people experiencing a wide range of mental health presentations.
- able to deliver high-quality, evidence-based mental health interventions and psychological therapies.
- skilled in delivering youth-friendly, culturally appropriate, and family-inclusive services aligned with young people’s mental health and well-being needs.
- Capable of providing safe, evidence-based best practices following clinical governance systems and service standards.
- Able to work collaboratively with others, maintain professionalism and actively engage with relevant stakeholders to advocate and support access for young people.
Are your credentials:
- Tertiary level qualifications in an Allied Health discipline including Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Nursing or Occupational Therapy; or Bachelor of Counselling.
- Current full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (APHRA); Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or other appropriate Mental Health Professional registration authority. (If you have a Masters in Counselling, you must be eligible for full professional registration at a minimum of Level 3 within the Australian Counselling Association scope of practice guidelines).
- At least three years of experience in mental health, including delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions appropriate for young people.
About Brophy (headspace Lead Agency)
Brophy Family & Youth Services has supported children, young people, families, and the southwest Victorian community for almost 50 years. We live here; this is our community; we believe in people and in their ability to create the life they want.
At Brophy, you will join a team of just over 200 employees delivering over 40 programs and services across areas including youth engagement, mental health, family violence, foster care, housing support, employment support, and disability services.
At Brophy our Vision is not just focused externally on our community – we feel just as passionate about our employees being meaningfully connected through their roles with us to create the life they want, and that as a workforce we achieve this together through innovation and healthy relationships, and by positively contributing to building an advantaged community.
Brophy’s headspace services are growing across the region – from our Warrnambool services now in operation for almost 15 years; we also provide a satellite service in Portland and are now working to establish a new headspace centre in Hamilton.
For more information please contact email@example.com
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN! APPLY VIA LINK BELOW