Brophy is expanding the delivery of mental health services to young people with a brand-new headspace centre in the heart of Hamilton.
Being part of our Hamilton team will offer you the scope to use your skills and experience, helping to implement services from the ground up. And to help you succeed, you’ll have the support of our teams already working at our headspace Warrnambool and Portland sites.
It’s the excitement of the new combined with the security of the known!
- 11 Wellbeing Days (to support worker well-being) – in addition to Annual Leave
- Awesome Not-for-Profit Salary Sacrificing options of up to $15,899 per FBT year
- Portable Long Service Leave (from eligible organisations)
- Regular Clinical Supervision
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
Minimum $102,723.08, negotiable salary & relocation support and expenses
About the Role
The Mental Health Clinician/Counsellor will be an experienced and innovative professional, with knowledge and experience in delivering early intervention youth mental health services for young people experiencing a wide range of mental health presentations. The role will deliver a caseload of high-quality, evidence-based mental health interventions and psychological therapies across a range of funding streams operating under the headspace stepped care service model and will bring creative and assertive approaches to engage young people to seek help early to support their needs
They develop client-led care planning and review processes throughout the client journey to ensure effective clinical and client outcomes, ensuring the involvement of young people and families or significant others, is central to a safe and coordinated transition of care planning. Providing supervision to staff as allocated and supporting orientation and training activities to develop students’ and graduates’ skills and competencies are also involved.
Do your skills include:
- Ability to provide support, consultation and expertise for young people experiencing mild, moderate and emerging-severe mental health difficulties and their families
- Ability to deliver a range of evidence-based psychological interventions; including assessment, individual therapy, group work, and family work to an allocated caseload of clients with a range of mental health needs.
- A broad understanding of the mental health service system in the state and national reforms, and knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Able to work collaboratively with others, maintain professionalism and actively engage with relevant stakeholders to advocate and support access for young people.
Are your credentials:
- Tertiary level qualifications in an Allied Health discipline including Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health Nursing (Div 1) or Occupational Therapy; or Bachelor of Counselling.
- Those with Social Work or Occupational Therapy degrees must also have completed additional mental health specific training or have an endorsement in mental health.
- Current full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (APHRA); Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) or other appropriate Mental Health Professional registration authority. Those with a Masters in Counselling must have eligibility for full professional registration at a minimum of Level 3 within the Australian Counselling Association scope of practice guidelines.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience within the mental health field, including delivering contemporary, evidence-based practices and therapeutic interventions appropriate for young people.
- A current Drivers Licence.
About Brophy (headspace Lead Agency)
Brophy Family & Youth Services has supported children, young people, families, and the southwest Victorian community for almost 50 years. We live here; this is our community; we believe in people and in their ability to create the life they want.
At Brophy, you will join a team of just over 200 employees delivering over 40 programs and services across areas, including youth engagement, mental health, family violence, foster care, housing support, employment support, and disability services.
At Brophy our Vision is not just focused externally on our community – we feel just as passionate about our employees being meaningfully connected through their roles with us to create the life they want, and that as a workforce, we achieve this together through innovation and healthy relationships, and by positively contributing to building an advantaged community.
Brophy’s headspace services are growing across the region – from our Warrnambool services, now in operation for almost 15 years; we also provide a satellite service in Portland and are now working to establish a new headspace centre in Hamilton.
For more information or a copy of the Position Description please contact email@example.com
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN! – APPLY VIA LINK BELOW