How does having your rent paid for while taking a leadership role at Foyer Warrnambool, positively contribute to Foyer life and see fellow students fulfil their potential sound? What about Free access to Aquazone, professional leadership training, skill development, coaching and mentoring?
Sounds pretty good right? Then this is the opportunity for you!
We don’t stereotype. We understand people by what they can do and what they aspire to be. We coach growth and positive risk. We promote people’s potential to thrive. We involve people so experiences can shape solutions. We believe in people and advantaged thinking.
About the Role
The Leading Student holds an active leadership role within the Student group Foyer Warrnambool, with the following key responsibilities:
- Support staff with communal activities including meals, workshops, activities, and excursions. This support includes organising, setting up, facilitating and cleaning up.
- To take responsibility for some basic gardening and cleaning tasks around the facility as negotiated with Foyer Team and/or Barwon Child Youth and Families.
- To work with Youth Development Coach and participate in student meetings, inclusive of preparing the agenda, compiling minutes, following up tasks, and ensuring the meetings are beneficial to all who attend.
- To participate in Foyer activities as negotiated that build relationships with residents and assists them in their transition into the Foyer including:
- Meet with new Students to explain role as Lead Student Peer mentoring for new Students which includes regular checking in around their progress on the Foyer offers.
- To engage and create positive connections with young people and the Foyer team.
- Be available if required between the hours of 11pm and 8am to be contact Foyer On call worker in case of emergency or incident.
In return for volunteering in the Foyer program as a peer mentor, the Lead student will have access to;
- A rent free self-contained, one bedroom unit with a small court yard in a central Warrnambool location for 12 months*
- Connection & support to Foyer Team including connecting students to Foyer On call staff if required. (Meaning that the Leading Student will not be required to undertake duties alone within the residence.)
- Experience in a peer leadership role.
- Professional training and support in relation to leadership skills and activities.
- Opportunity to represent Foyer Warrnambool in different activities throughout the Foyer Network and relevant Communities of Practice, locally and nationally.
- Volunteer Insurance Cover
- Free access to Aquazone – a local indoor community aquatic and leisure facility.
- Free Wi-Fi
* Please note: a fee to contribute to the cost of utilities is required to be paid by the Leading Student.
About Foyer Warrnambool
Foyer Warrnambool is a youth accommodation service which provides opportunities for young people aged 16 to 25 years to engage in individual and group activities aimed at developing the skills necessary to build independence and stability, covering the Foyer Offers of: Education, Employment, Housing and Living Skills, Civic Participation, Social Connections, and Health and Wellbeing.
For more information please contact Geoff Wake – Manager, Foyer Warrnambool on 0427101071
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST NOW OPEN! APPLY VIA LINK BELOW
Applications close Sunday 4th June 2023